JCH HealthCare complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age disability, or sex. JCH HealthCare does not exclude people or treat them differently because of race, color, national origin, age, disability or sex.
- Provides free aids and services to people with disabilities to communicate effectively with use, such as:
- Qualified sign language interpreters
- Written information in other formats (large print, audio, accessible electronic formats, other formats)
- Provides free language services to people whose primary language is not English, such as:
- Qualified interpreters
- Information is written in other languages
If you need these services contact any employee or Administration at (618) 498-8301.
If you believe JCH HealthCare has failed to provide these services or discriminated in any way on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex, you can file a grievance with JCH HealthCare, Administration, 400 Maple Summit Rd, Jerseyville, IL, 62052 (618) 498-8301, fax (618) 498-8313.
You can file a grievance in person, by mail, phone or fax. If you need help filing a grievance, JCH HealthCare Compliance Officer is available to help you at (618) 498-8312 or email to email@example.com.
You can also file a civil rights complaint with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office for Civil Rights, electronically through the Office for Civil Right Complaint Portal, available at https://ocrportal.hhs.gov/ocr/portal/lobby.jsf
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
200 Independence Avenue, SW,
Room 509F, HHH Building
Washington D.C., 20201
(800) 868-1019 or (800) 537-7697 (TDD)
Complaint forms are available at http://www.hhs.gov/ocr/office/file/index.html