JCH Foundation – Advancing quality healthcare in our community.
The JCH Foundation is a 501 (c) 3 organization that exists to assist Jersey Community Hospital in meeting the healthcare needs of your community through fundraising, education and community outreach. When you support the JCH Foundation, you are ensuring that access to quality healthcare is close to home and that JCH HealthCare remains a vital part of our thriving community both now and well into the future.
When you give a gift, you are investing in the future of Jersey County and the surrounding communities, making this a place young people want to return to raise their families. Access to life-saving services in a rural community means lives saved- you make that possible! 100% of your donation remains in our community helping grow JCH HealthCare, increasing services needed to ensure you and your family’s health and healing.
Gifts honoring or in remembrance of loved ones are a perfect way to support your local hospital and are a lasting tribute.
The JCH Foundation operates numerous programs and events to support its philanthropic mission, including:
- JCH Foundation Ambulance Association: Providing support to the JCH Emergency Services Department through fundraising for supplemental emergency equipment, education and community outreach. We host annual fish fry lunches and other fundraisers throughout the year. Community education programs are hosted for youth, businesses, and individuals on various topics.
- JCH Foundation (Hope Chest) Resale Shop: Located at 201 S. Jefferson and is volunteer-run with items donated by the community. Opening in 2009, the shop is currently operated by over 70 volunteers selling gently used clothing, household, media and decorating items. Hours of Operation: Tuesday thru Friday 9-5 and Saturday 10-3. Donations in new or good, used condition are accepted Tuesday – Saturday 10-2. For information call 618-639-HOPE (4673).
- Medical Education Fund Loan/Scholarship program: Residents from Jersey, Calhoun and Greene counties who are full-time students pursuing education in healthcare-related fields of study are eligible to apply for funding of $1000/semester for up to 8 semesters. Students who return to work full-time in healthcare fields in the tri-county area upon completion of their program are eligible for loan forgiveness. The program encourages local students to return home upon graduation, bringing expertise back to advance healthcare in the Tri-county area. The program has also funded EMS continuing education, a CNA program for local high school students and various other educational programs.
- Annual Larry Bear Golf Tournament: Held in the spring at a local golf course to benefit the Medical Education Fund Scholarship/Loan program, the popular 18-hole tournament, is the program’s sole fundraising event. For information call 618-498-8392.
- Annual Fling Fundraising Dinner: Hosted annually at a local venue with unique themes and entertainment, the dinner raises funds for various JCH programs and campaigns. In 2021, the event was held at Grafton Winery the Vineyards with a travel and wine theme, raising over $20,000 for the Foundation. In September 2022, we hosted the Race for the Rescue, a family-friendly event at Raging Rivers Waterpark featuring a rubber Duck Derby to raise funds for a new ambulance. The event grossed over $42,000 and plans are in the works to make the duck derby an annual event for the Foundation.
- Donations, Bequest/Estate Plan Gifts, Memorials, Planned Giving: The JCH Foundation is structured to accepts many types of gifts both now and as legacy/future giving. All gifts are tax-deductible as accepted under the law and gifts are carefully, utilized in support of JCH HealthCare. For information, contact us at 618-498-8392.
The JCH Foundation is governed by a Board of Directors and conducts an annual independent audit so you can be confident your donations are doing the most good in our community. Your gifts are greatly appreciated and are carefully utilized in support of JCH HealthCare.
For Questions about the JCH Foundation or to make a contribution, contact the Foundation office at 618-498-8392 or email@example.com.
2022 JCH Foundation Board of Directors
2022 Fling- Race for the Rescue
Raises Funds for New Ambulance
JCH Foundation donates to JCH Women’s Health
JCH Foundation Awarded MJM Operation Round-up Grant
JCH Foundation Resale Shop – New Location at 201 S. Jefferson
Fall of 2019
2022 Medical Education Fund Scholarship/Loan Recipients
Nick Baalman, Samantha Steinkueler and Kate Jones
Left to Right: Andrea Yoder, JCHF Board VP; Kevin Goss, JCH VP of Operations, Nick Baalman-Calhoun HS student recipient; Samantha Steinkueler- Carrollton HS student recipient; Beth King, JCH CEO; Charity Roth, JCH Foundation Director.
Charity Roth, JCH Foundation Director; Kate Jones, JCHS student recipient
JCH Foundation Ambulance Association
Recent Donations to Jersey Community Hospital
Rapid Response Vehicle
Emergency Disaster/Decontamination Trailer
Contributions to New Ambulances
Recent Community Events/Donations
AED Donated to Jerseyville Public Library