Make a Difference by Volunteering!
At Jersey Community Hospital, our volunteers add that special touch. The Volunteer Department at Jersey Community Hospital began in 1979, shortly after the hospital moved to its new campus on the southwest corner of Jerseyville. It was founded to supplement the activities of paid staff and to provide helping hands and caring that money cannot buy.
The Benefits of Volunteering
- It's proven that volunteering is good for your health.
- Improve your outlook on life!
- Be appreciated.
- Use your talents and skills.
- Meet new people and make new friends.
- Gain skills, talents and experience.
- Set an example for your family.
- Expand your self-confidence.
- Build a better future.
- Keep active.
- Grow by facing new challenges!
- Make a difference!
- Have fun!
Jersey Community Hospital also has an Auxiliary that has been active since the Hospital's founding in 1953. The Auxiliary manages and staffs the Gift Shop located at the main entrance of the building. The JCH Gift Shop features many convenience items for patients and staff along with jewelry, JCH logo wear, stuffed animals, baby gifts and decorative items. Proceeds from the JCH Gift Shop support special projects and programs at the hospital.
Here at Jersey Community Hospital, we have a fantastic variety of gifts and flower arrangements for any occasion. Our Gift Shop is run by over 30 wonderful Auxiliary members who volunteer their time at the hospital. They are happy to help you with your gift selection.
Fantastic Gift Ideas
- Greeting cards for all occasions
- Hand-knitted baby afghans
- Wide variety of baby gifts
- Crosses, rosaries and other religious items
- Silk floral arrangements
- Plush animals, books, games, etc.
- Beautiful picture frames
- Items with the hospital logo: t-shirts, sweatshirts, etc.
- Home decor
There are also opportunities to volunteer with Lifeline and the Hope Chest Resale Shop.
For more information on volunteering, (618) 498-8313.