Massage Therapy Massage Therapy
Discover the healing power of massage!
The licensed massage therapists at the JCH Wellness Center can help you relax and recuperate with a therapeutic massage.
- Alleviate low-back pain and improve range of motion.
- Assist with shorter, easier labor for expectant mothers and shorten maternity hospital stays.
- Ease medication dependence.
- Enhance immunity by stimulating lymph flow -- the body's natural defense system.
- Exercise and stretch weak, tight or atrophied muscles.
- Help athletes of any level prepare for, and recover from, strenuous workouts.
- Improve the condition of the body's largest organ -- the skin.
- Increase joint flexibility.
- Lessen depression and anxiety.
- Promote tissue regeneration, reducing scar tissue and stretch marks.
- Pump oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs, improving circulation.
- Reduce post-surgery adhesions and swelling.
- Reduce spasms and cramping.
- Relax and soften injured, tired and overused muscles.
- Release endorphins -- amino acids that work as the body's natural painkiller.
- Relieve migraine pain.
Our services include:
- Swedish Effleurage
- Hot Stone Massage
- Chair Massage
Heyen has been a massage therapist at the JCH Wellness Center for the
last six years. A licensed massage therapist, Jacqui is a graduate of
the Intouch School of Therapeutic Massage in Springfield, IL. She
specializes in Swedish Effleurage, Hot Stone Massage, Deep Tissue
Massage & Chair Massage. Jacqui tailors each massage session to
the individual's needs, whether it be sore muscles, stress, tension or
relaxation. Jacqui holds a B.S. from the University of Illinois in
Communication. She has a passion for walking with friends and being a
bleacher bum for her kids' multiple sports. Jacqui resides on the
family farm in Medora with her husband, Wayne, and two children, Payton
and Caden. Jacqui is President of the Medora STAPLE Club and a member
of the Southwestern Middle School Boosters.
Meyer is a licensed massage therapist at the JCH Wellness Center. She
is a 2003 graduate of A Gathering Place in St. Louis, MO. Vicky has
been a therapist for over seven years. Her main areas of massage
therapy are Swedish and Deep Tissue Massages. Her sessions are focused
on the clients' needs to help relieve them of stress, muscle tension
and restore an overall feeling of relaxation. Vicky resides in Fieldon
with her husband, Dave, and two sons, Austin and Greg.
Shannon Dunham joined the massage team at the JCH Wellness Center in 2010. Shannon is a licensed massage therapist and certified massage cupping practitioner. A graduate of the Lewis and Clark Community College Therapeutic Massage program, Shannon practices many massage techniques that include Swedish, Deep Tissue, Cupping and Myofascial release based on her client's specific needs. Shannon is a member of the Missouri Bar and a practicing attorney in St. Louis. Shannon resides in Jerseyville and enjoys staying active, travel and volunteering in her free time.